Need help with your marketing content or business communications?
You're in the right place.
Don't have time to plan or craft your communications?
Let me help. I offer writing, editing, and strategy for your communications.
Want to feel confident in your communications?
I deliver quality, error-free writing. Every time.
How can I help you?
If you're looking for support with your marketing content, business communications, or public relations writing — you're in the right place.
There are three ways I can help you:
Writing. Creating clear, compelling, well-structured content.
Editing. Improving existing content to ensure a high standard of writing.
Advice. Helping with strategy, communications plans, and key messages.
I’ve worked on a range of writing projects from websites, newsletters, articles, and emails, to press releases, ebooks, brochures, and professional profiles. I've also helped with award submissions, educational content, tenders, and grant writing.
I've helped small business owners, independent consultants, non-profit organisations, professional services businesses, and large companies. I'm confident I can assist you too.
While I can write about many topics, I have a special interest in health and wellbeing, psychology, creative industries, and social or charitable causes.
“With Marissa’s assistance, I gained the confidence to stand behind my brand and be proud of who I am, what services I provide and how I can deliver.” ~ Business Owner, Australia
Find out what you get when you work with me.
What you get
When we work together, my priority is you — your goals and the results you want.
We'll run through a complete briefing so I truly understand your business and aims. I take a strategic approach, considering each communication within the context of your business, marketing, or communications plan.
Depending on your needs, I can provide ongoing support or assist with one-off projects. I can help with simple or complex editing, writing, rewriting, content audits, or communications planning.
When you receive your finished communication piece, it will be:
You receive quality writing, every time.
"Marissa was extremely professional and efficient. She truly listened, understood my needs, and delivered on the timeframes agreed." ~ Business Owner, Australia
Ready to work together? Contact me today.
Why choose me
You benefit from my insight, strategy, and skill.
I’ve honed my writing, editing, and consulting expertise through freelance projects and a career in business-to-business marketing.
I've contributed to myriad communication projects — both print and digital — from concept to completion. I'm well-versed in what makes quality content, and how to produce effective communications.
What do I consider my strengths?
When you partner with me, you'll feel that I genuinely care about what you do.
"Working with Marissa was by far the best investment I've made in my business and industry." ~ Business Owner, Australia
Want to collaborate? Get in touch now.
My track record
Here are examples of the types of projects I've worked on:
Articles & blogs
Marketing & communications
Grants & tenders
Ready to work together? Get in touch now.
How it works
1. We'll connect via email, phone or Skype to discuss what you'd like help with.
2. I'll review your existing communications, then send you a quote or proposal with my recommendations and a fixed fee.
3. You'll need to agree to the quote or proposal and pay a 50% deposit to get started. For ongoing projects (e.g. a monthly newsletter), you'll pay 100% of the recurring fee in advance. Payment is made online with credit card or PayPal.
4. Next, you'll complete a briefing document. It includes questions that help me understand your business and goals.
5. We'll organise a follow-up phone or Skype call to go over extra details. Then, I get to work.
6. You'll receive your finished content to review and approve. Up to two rounds of revisions are included.
7. If the work is a stand-alone project, I'll request the final 50% payment.
8. That's it! You are delighted with quality writing that you can confidently publish.
Contact me to get started today.
Ready to get started?
Great. Here's how to take the next step:
Distance is no barrier. I'm based in Queensland, Australia and work with businesses worldwide.
I look forward to hearing from you.